Vice President of Finance and Operations
Location: North America, Remote
Type: Full Time
Who We Are
Virsec is the world’s leading provider of application-aware workload cyber protection. Virsec's unique technology defends against the widest range of attacks, both known and unknown, with no signature or prior knowledge required. The solution secures any and all critical business applications, from legacy to COTS to custom, in any environment. Virsec is led by industry veterans with extensive leadership experience at multiple leading cybersecurity and technology companies and a long list of high-growth startups.
Who We Need
Virsec’s Vice President of Finance will be a key addition to our Finance team as we build out a high performing financial operations and FP&A function by developing processes that scale for a high growth company. You will partner with various teams throughout the organization to drive decision-making using financial analysis. This person will play a key role driving a disciplined budgeting and forecasting process, reporting, and ad-hoc analysis to support company-wide decision-making. This person will also play a key role in the financial operations of the company. In addition to working closely with team members across the organization, this role will also work closely with the senior leadership of the company and report to the CEO.
What You'll Do
• Manage and consolidate the annual planning process as well as long-range planning process by implementing best practices that scaleLead monthly forecasting process including actuals vs forecast and budget variance analysis
• Enhance and own the revenue forecast modelCoordinate corporate KPIs with cross functional teams in Financial Ops, Marketing, R&D Ops and Corporate Controller
• Play a key role in expense planning/forecasting by developing strong relationships with various leaders throughout the organization
• Recommend and implement financial model improvements to drive forecast accuracy
• Maintain and update 3-statement modeling (income statement, balance sheet and cash flow forecasting
• Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting for CFO, management, investors, and Board of DirectorsDrive benchmarking analysis and market-driven models
• Create ad hoc analysis to support key business decisions
• Serve as liaison for corporate FP&A projects
• Work closely with the accounting team to support close activities and ensure forecast incorporates appropriate accounting policies
• Be the go-to financial partner for Virsec’s leaders for ad hoc analysis and relevant external relations (e.g., fundraising, negotiating contract terms, or evaluating prospective partnerships)
• At least 5-7 years experience running or working with security research teams, preferably in a B2B environment
• BS/A in business, finance, accounting, or related field required; MBA preferredt
• 7+ years of relevant experience, ideally working in a high-growth technology and or SAAS business
• Accounting, management consulting, investment banking, and private equity experience will also be considered
• A proven ability to build strong collaborative working relationships with business partners; you are seen as a trusted and objective advisor
• Ability to bring structure to ambiguous areas of opportunity and thrive in a fast-moving environment
• A mission driven attitude and an enthusiastic “roll up your sleeves” mentality
• Strong analytical and communication skills
• Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills required, data analysis and presentation tools (Tableau, SQL, R, Python) valuable
• Working understanding of GAAP and financial metrics
What We Offer
• An opportunity to do something great for yourself and the world
• An energetic work environment that supports growth and development
• Competitive compensation and benefit packages
• People that enjoy having fun; holiday and summer parties, and a company that fosters learning and active contribution from all!
This Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Virsec to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.