Location: Acton, MA
Type: Full Time
Virsec is looking for a software engineer with advanced level knowledge of C++.
Want to be on the front lines of advancing a powerful new cyber defense technology? Do you see yourself in a role that will help reshape the world of data protection?
We’re building the future of cyber security, and we’re looking for talented, curious engineers to join our team. By leveraging the innovative and highly acclaimed approach behind our breakthrough and patented technology, Virsec is building products that will fundamentally change the way businesses and organizations protect high-value data. We’re bringing a novel product to market and are revolutionizing the cyber threat landscape as we do it. If you’re a smart, passionate engineer, we’d like to hear from you.
As a Senior Software Engineer at Virsec, you will be responsible for building the Messaging Infrastructure for our Securalyzer solution framework. Our technology will radically change how enterprises view cyber security going forward. No signatures; no behavioral or heuristic analysis; this is a major advance and deterministic way to contain cyber threats. You will work closely with our pen testing, hardware, firmware, software, web development, product management teams as well as customers to deliver our product, Resolve, to Fortune 1000 enterprises.
- BS/ MS (preferred) in Computer Science with a solid understanding of core computer science and systems design concepts
- 5 – 10 years of experience with C/C++, Python, Windows and Linux
- Experience with pipes, sockets, LPC …
- Deep understanding of multithreading (mutexes, semaphores, events, signals etc.)
- In depth working experience with Standard Template Library/ Boost
- An aptitude and passion for learning new technologies
- A self-starter mindset;
- Flexibility; we are a startup and move fast so it’s important you can keep up
- Team first mentality; we are in this together
- Characters welcome – we know you are more than just the job you do.
About Virsec Systems, Inc.
We are an investor funded startup that is getting ready to shake up the cyber security landscape. Our team is a tightly knit group of software and firmware engineers strongly supported by an eminent Board of Directors and Advisors.
The company values intellectual curiosity, open communication and creative thinkers who know how to stand up and be counted. With us you will find new challenges daily and immediately gain a clear understanding of how your work matters to the company. We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits and a very stimulating work environment.