Location: San Jose, CA
Type: Full Time or Short-Term Contract
Virsec is looking for Senior Product Marketing Managers.
Want to be on the front lines of advancing a powerful new cyber defense technology? Do you see yourself in a role that will help reshape the world of critical data and application protection?
We’re building the future of cyber security, and we are building out our product marketing team and looking for excellent senior product marketing candidates from Sr. Manager to Director. Virsec is building products that will fundamentally change the way businesses and organizations protect high- value data. We are bringing a novel product to market and are revolutionizing the cyber threat landscape as we do it. If you’re an energetic, strategic, analytic and process-oriented professional, with a drive for working on meaningful technology and helping build a best-in-class organization, we’d like to hear from you.
The Senior Product Marketing Manager role is a highly strategic position and will play a key role in differentiating Virsec on the market, creating visible thought leadership both personally and for the company, and influencing the way the market perceives Virsec as an innovative solution. Working closely with the head of products and marketing, the Senior Product Marketing Manager will immediately impact the organization through high contribution to the GTM plan, messaging strategy and collateral delivery for demand generation and sales enablement. This is a strategic career opportunity to get in on the ground floor of the next big security play and take on massive responsibility and visibility in an emerging market space. Virsec is broadly recruiting for professionals in marketing as well as both product management and product marketing as it prepares to come out of stealth mode in early 2016. The Senior Product Marketing Manager will have a visible external role to analysts, customers and prospects in articulating the value of our technology in solving key customer pains.
- 5+ years of prior product marketing experience in a B2B enterprise infrastructure software, preferably with some experience in a recognizable start-up or large corporate brand
- Knowledge and work experience in enterprise security or data center applications and/or networking infrastructure (experience in application security testing, WAF or other a significant plus)
- Excellent communication skills in both writing and oral, and the experience and perspective to communicate at levels from CISO/CIO level to IT administrator.
- Ability to think strategically about enterprise architecture and market problems is highly preferred.
- Ability to roll up your sleeves and manage the creation of collateral and marketing deliverables, as well as setting new value-add processes in place.
- Experience with personal-based messaging and marketing campaign development is preferred
- A self-starter with a consistent can do and positive attitude
- Strong strategic thinking and analytic skills, with a clear ability to differentiate products and solutions from each other via technical or strategic thinking
- Flexibility and roll with the punches attitude to persist in a fast-moving start-up
- BS or MS in a technical field, esp computer science or electrical engineering; or exceptional and proven industry candidates in non-technical undergraduate fields
- Pluses for having an MBA, prior start-up experience putting operational systems in place ground up, and public speaking skills