Location: Acton, MA
Type: Full Time
Virsec is looking for a software engineer with strong background in C/C++.
Do you see yourself in a role that will help reshape the world of cyber security?
We’re building the future of cyber security, and we’re looking for talented, problem solvers to join our team. By leveraging the innovative and highly acclaimed approach behind our breakthrough and patented technology, Virsec is building products that will fundamentally change the way businesses and organizations protect high-value data. We’re bringing a novel product to market and are revolutionizing the cyber threat landscape as we do it. If you’re a smart, passionate engineer, we’d like to hear from you.
As a Principal Software Engineer at Virsec, you’ll be responsible for the build-out of the Content Validation Engine for our RESOLVE framework. Our technology will radically change how enterprises view cyber security going forward. No signatures; no behavioral or heuristic analysis;this is a major advance and deterministic way to contain cyber threats. You will work closely with our pen testing, hardware, firmware, software, web development, product management teams as well as customers to deliver our product, Resolve, to Fortune 1000 enterprises.
- BS/ MS (preferred) in Computer Science with a solid understanding of core Computer Science and systems design concepts.
- 10-15 years of experience with C/C++, Python, Windows and Linux
- Proven expertise in the Deep Packet Inspection or Cyber Security (NetFilter/ IPTables)
- Prior experience in writing low latency, high performance code leveraging tightly managed thread pools …
- Experience with pipes, sockets, LPC …
- Strong knowledge of STL/ Boost
- Prior experience with building RPM/ Debian/ MSI packages
- Prior experience as team lead
- Ability to translate design requirements into source code
- Prior experience prioritizing the critical path and delivering to a schedule
- A self-starter mindset; we are a startup and move fast, so it’s important you can keep up
- Team first mentality
- Strong problem-solving abilities with attention to details.
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- Ability to interface with customers and cross functional teams such as QA, Support, Sales and Marketing, IT, Product Management etc.
- An genuine and demonstrable aptitude and passion for learning new technologies
About Virsec Systems, Inc.
We are an investor funded startup that is getting ready to shake up the cyber security landscape. Our team is a tightly knit group of software and firmware engineers strongly supported by an eminent Board of Directors and Advisors.
The company values intellectual curiosity, open communication and creative thinkers who know how to stand up and be counted. With us you will find new challenges daily and immediately gain a clear understanding of how your work matters to the company. We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits and a very stimulating work environment.