Location: San Jose, CA
Type: Full Time or Short-Term Contract
Virsec is looking for a Director of Product Management.
Want to be on the front lines of advancing a powerful new cyber defense technology? Do you see yourself in a role that will help reshape the world of critical data and application protection? We’re building the future of cyber security, and we are building out our product management team and looking for excellent senior PM candidates from Sr. Manager to Director. Virsec is building products that will fundamentally change the way businesses and organizations protect high-value data. We are bringing a novel product to market and are revolutionizing the cyber threat landscape as we do it. If you’re an energetic, strategic, analytic and process-oriented professional, with a drive for working on meaningful technology and helping build a best-in-class organization, we’d like to hear from you.
The Director of Product Management role is a strategic position and will play a key role in the building out a successful PM organization over time, including recruiting large parts of the team as we grow. Working closely with the head of products and marketing, the Director of Product Management will immediately impact the organization through high contribution to the strategic and tactical elements of product management, including setting pricing, refining positioning, defining vertical market and segment focus and positioning, and making the appropriate roadmap trade-off decisions for success. This is a strategic career opportunity to get in on the ground floor of the next big security play and take on massive responsibility and visibility in an emerging market space. Virsec is broadly recruiting for professionals in marketing as well as both product management and product marketing as it prepares to come out of stealth mode in early 2016. The Director of Product Management will have leadership in managing a team of product managers and setting strategy for products and market penetration.
- 7+ years of prior product management experience in a B2B enterprise infrastructure software, preferably with some experience in a recognizable start-up or large corporate brand
- Knowledge and work experience in enterprise security or data center applications and/or networking infrastructure (experience in application security testing, WAF or other a significant plus)
- Demonstrated leadership skills (communication, strategic thinking) and ability to set strategy for an organization, product line and business
- Ability to roll up your sleeves and get things done (deliverables as well as setting new value-add processes in place), and capable of managing and leading a team of PMs down the line
- Experience with the latest PM requirements management tools a plus
- Proven ability to work with senior engineers and architects in communicating and clarifying requirements, creating alignment to strategy and influencing direction
- A self-starter with a consistent can do and positive attitude
- Strong critical thinking and analytic skills, including the ability to use prior experience to answer white space questions in bringing a new product to market
- Flexibility and roll with the punches attitude to persist in a fast-moving start-up
- BS or MS in a technical field, esp computer science or electrical engineering
- Pluses for having an MBA, prior start-up experience putting operational systems in place ground up, and public speaking skills
- A self-starter mindset
- An aptitude and passion for learning new technologies
- Flexibility; we are a startup and move fast, so it’s important you can keep up
- Team first mentality; we are in this together
About Virsec Systems, Inc.
We are an investor funded startup that is getting ready to shake up the cyber security landscape. Our team is a tightly knit group of software and firmware engineers strongly supported by an eminent Board of Directors and Advisors. The company values intellectual curiosity, open communication and creative thinkers who know how to stand up and be counted. With us you will find new challenges daily and immediately gain a clear understanding of how your work matters to the company. We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits and a very stimulating work environment. If you are excited to learn and make a difference. Join us!