Location: San Jose, CA
Type: Full Time or Short-Term Contract
Virsec is looking for talented marketing professional in several disciplines.
Want to be on the front lines of advancing a powerful new cyber defense technology? Do you see yourself in a role that will help reshape the world of critical data and application protection?
We’re building the future of cyber security, and we are building out our marketing team and are looking for excellent candidates from junior levels to Director in all areas of marketing. Virsec is building products that will fundamentally change the way businesses and organizations protect high-value data. We are bringing a novel product to market and are revolutionizing the cyber threat landscape as we do it. If you’re an energetic and creative person, and with a drive for working on meaningful technology and helping build a best-in-class organization, we’d like to hear from you.
The Director of Marketing role is a strategic position and will play a key role in the building out of a successful marketing organization, including hiring several members of the team to achieve success. Working closely with the head of products and marketing, the Director of Marketing will immediately impact the organization through high contribution to the marketing execution plan, strategy and plan refinement and organizational build out recommendations. This is a strategic career opportunity to get in on the ground floor of the next big security play and take on massive responsibility and visibility. Virsec is broadly recruiting for professionals to join the team in the areas of demand generation including email promotions/campaigns and events management, online branding including SEO/SEM/PPC, marketing communications and graphic design. The Director of Marketing will have demonstrated experience in leading campaigns and promotions and/or knowledge in marketing automation. In addition, candidates should have strong understandings of the lateral areas of marketing. Given our early stage environment, expect broad exposure to all areas of B2B enterprise marketing initially, with greater focus as we build out the team.
- 5+ years (preferably 8 to 10) of prior marketing management experience in a specific B2B marketing functional area, preferably a recognizable start-up or large corporate brand
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to set departmental and execution strategy for an organization
- Demonstrated ability in the functional area: demand gen email or event management, digital marketing, marcom or design.
- Standard marketing technology proficiency: Windows & office productivity tools with high aptitude to pick up or prior experience with SaaS marketing offerings
- Highly dependable and detail-oriented
- A self-starter with a consistent can do and positive attitude
- Strong critical thinking and analytic skills
- Flexibility and roll with the punches attitude to persist in a fast-moving start-up
- BA in marketing, communication-related fields (written or oral), business administration or humanities
- Pluses for having an MBA, a BS in a technical field, demonstrated project management experience or prior start-up experience putting operational systems in place ground up