Sr. DevOps Engineer
Location: San Jose, California or willing to relocate
Type: Full Time
Who We Are
Virsec is looking for an experienced, self-driven engineer who can lead a team of developers to produce quality outputs. This individual will be responsible for meeting deliverables set for one of the core VSP products. This individual will help document, design, implement, and test new and existing features for the VSP product.
Who We Need
Virsec is looking for a self-driven software engineer for one of the core Virsec Security Platform (VSP) product lines. This individual will own documenting, designing, implementing, and testing new and existing features for the VSP product.
What You'll Do
• Be hands-on to implement Devops strategies and train the team
• Bring in a system level approach to look at the big picture
• Identify end-to-end solutions from developer productivity to production readiness
• Build CI/CD pipelines and Automation support to develop and test different Product Packaging requirements
• Track schedules to ensure timely deliverables
• Maintain a flexible attitude to adjust to new/changing requirements
• Work closely with Product Management to design workflows based on requirements.
• Report and track time spent on work items using JIRA tickets
• Document product coding designs to ensure buy-in from other team members
Skills You'll Need to Have
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent experience
• 4+ years of experience as a software developer
• 2+ years of experience with CI/CD configurations
• 2+ years of experience with Cloud Platforms like AWS, GCP
• 2+ years of experience developing with Docker, Kubernetes, Helm
• Excellent collaboration and communication skills (written & verbal)
What We Offer
• An opportunity to do something great for yourself and the world
• A great work environment that supports growth and development
• Competitive compensation and benefit packages
• Stocked kitchen with healthy (and some unhealthy) drinks, snacks, fruit and lunch options
• Catered team lunch once a week
• A company who enjoys having fun; holiday and summer parties, and fosters learning and lots of other great stuff!
This Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Virsec to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.