Software QA Engineer - Platform
Location: Greater Boston preferred, Remote considered
Type: Full Time
Who We Are
Virsec is the leading provider of application-aware workload protection. We’re building the future of cyber security, and we’re looking for talented, problem solvers to join our team. By leveraging the innovative and highly acclaimed approach behind our breakthrough and patented technology, Virsec is building products that will fundamentally change the way businesses and organizations protect high-value data. We’re bringing a novel product to market and are revolutionizing the cyber threat landscape as we do it.
Who We Need
Virsec is looking for a highly motivated and passionate software QA engineer for Platform team of Virsec Security Platform (VSP) product line. This individual will help in creating test plans, write test cases, and perform both blackbox and whitebox testing of new and existing VSP features. The role is ideally suited for a software test engineer who is passionate about testing, has a strong technical background and experience with performing QA verification of relatively complex features.
What You'll Do
• Develop test plans and test cases for new features
• Perform functional testing, system testing and integration testing of new VSP features.
• Understand the web-security domain and provide relevant inputs during the requirement phase.
• Work with Product developers to re-produce reported bugs, debug sessions with engineers, re-test, and drive towards closure of the tickets.
• Create automation framework/scripts for various applications/features using Python language
• Define and execute Build Verification Tests, Functional Tests using Automation Framework
Skills You'll Need to Have
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent experience
• Four+ years of experience as a software QA engineer
• Creating Test plan, test cases for the features testing.
• Ability to perform white box testing & identify corner scenarios
• Manual Testing and running the tests using Automated test frameworks.
• Python and Scripting knowledge experience in developing Shell script or PowerShell script
• Must be familiar in all stages of testing – Functional Testing, System testing, Integration Testing.
• Familiar in working with Linux and Windows Operating Systems
• Excellent collaboration and communication skills (written & verbal)
What We Offer
• An opportunity to do something great for yourself and the world
• A great work environment that supports growth and development
• Competitive compensation and benefit packages
• A company who enjoys having fun; holiday and summer parties, and fosters learning and lots of other great stuff!
This Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Virsec to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.