Location: Remote, San Jose preferred
Type: Full Time
Who We Are
Virsec is the leading provider of application-aware workload protection. We’re building the future of cyber security, and we’re looking for talented, problem solvers to join our team. By leveraging the innovative and highly acclaimed approach behind our breakthrough and patented technology, Virsec is building products that will fundamentally change the way businesses and organizations protect high-value data. We’re bringing a novel product to market and are revolutionizing the cyber threat landscape as we do it. Our mission is to make cyber attacks irrelevant.
Who We Need
Virsec is looking for a self-driven software engineer for one of the core Virsec Security Platform (VSP) product lines. This individual will help in documenting, designing, implementing, and testing new and existing features for the VSP product. The role is ideally suited for a software engineer who has a strong technical background and experience with building new components from the ground up.
What You'll Do
• Design and develop core product components based on pre-defined requirements
• Track schedules to ensure timely deliverables
• Maintain a flexible attitude to adjust to new/changing requirements
• Report and track time spent on work items using JIRA tickets
• Promptly respond to any product bugs that come up during QA testing
• Document product coding designs to ensure buy-in from other team members
• Follow established SDLC to ensure high quality deliverables
Skills You'll Need to Have
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent experience
• Three+ years of experience as a software developer
• Excellent collaboration and communication skills (written & verbal)
• End-to-end product development experience
• Experience programming in Python and C++
• Familiarity or working experience with tools like Gitlab, Jira, and Confluence
This Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Virsec to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.