Sales Development Representative (State and Local Government, Education, and Public Healthcare)
Type: Full Time
Who We Are
Virsec is the leading provider of application-aware workload protection. We’re building the future of cyber security, and we’re looking for talented, problem solvers to join our team. By leveraging the innovative and highly acclaimed approach behind our breakthrough and patented technology, Virsec is building products that will fundamentally change the way businesses and organizations protect high-value data. We’re bringing a novel product to market and are revolutionizing the cyber threat landscape as we do it. Our mission is to make cyber attacks irrelevant.
Who We Need
We are looking for a Hunter, Public Sector Sales Development Representative who’s ready to help grow the next generation of application security. Our ideal candidate is a Hunter, persistence in a positive manner, and is looking to build their sales career in cybersecurity.
What You'll Do
• Generate new business opportunities to fuel and fill the pipeline
• Qualifying inbound leads, prospecting for outbound leads
• Working with our CRM (Sales Force) keeping your leads que updated and following up on your leads in an efficient timely manner
• Maintain complete accurate, and up-to-date leads and contact data in Sales Force
• Meet and exceed established performance goals
• Forming a cadence with your Sales directors on targeted accounts to focus on in your territory
• Attend meetings with prospects while handling the introductions and follow-up with your sales directors after the calls
• Anticipate needs by studying Public Sector and conduct research to identify new leads by reading of Public Sector News via- MeriTalk, CyberScoop, FedScoop and other headline news in the cyber security space
• Collaborate with the sales team by bringing innovative lead generation ideas to each meeting
Skills You'll Need to Have
• 3-5 Years’ experience in the Cyber Security space
• Experience selling into Public Sector ( State and Local Government)
• Ability to multi-task, take initiative, prioritize, and manage time effectively
• Ability to work in a fast paced, team environment
What We Offer
• An opportunity to do something great for yourself and the world
• A great work environment that supports growth and development
• Competitive compensation and benefit packages, including 401(K)
• A company who enjoys having fun; holiday and summer parties, and fosters learning and lots of other great stuff!
This Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Virsec to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.