Principal Technical Product Marketing Manager
Location: SF Bay Area, Remote
Type: Full Time
Who We Are
Virsec is the leading provider of application-aware workload protection. We’re building the future of cyber security, and we’re looking for talented, problem solvers to join our team. By leveraging the innovative and highly acclaimed approach behind our breakthrough and patented technology, Virsec is building products that will fundamentally change the way businesses and organizations protect high-value data. We’re bringing a novel product to market and are revolutionizing the cyber threat landscape as we do it. Our mission is to make cyber attacks irrelevant.
Who We Need
Essential to providing technical guidance, insight, and product demonstration supporting for the product marketing team, supporting go-to-market initiatives, and the success of product launches. The role is ideally suited for someone looking to build on their successes as a technical Marketing Manager, Marketing Engineer, or transition from technical sales to a marketing function. You will report to the Sr. Director of Product Marketing and collaborate with PMMs to develop and maintain product materials, communicate technical market requirements and determine the set of new features and capabilities that support campaigns. You will work closely with Product Management to best understand how products work. You will also keep a pulse on the competition maintain deep technical knowledge on what truly sets Virsec product capabilities apart. Furthermore, As part of the broader marketing team, you will apply technical knowledge to sales and marketing initiatives, helping internal teams and partners understand the technical aspects of our platform offerings.
What You'll Do
• Own technical product marketing and delivery of videos, demos, white papers, and blogs
• Drive production of technology comparison sheets as part of Competitive Intelligence program.
• Lead continuous roadmap tracking and feature messaging.
• Collaborate with the content team to develop and maintain product collateral, including datasheets, solution briefs, technical white papers, and sales presentations.
• Maintain alignment and shared feature knowledge with architects, developers, and outbound engineers to best understand the product's intended use, new features, and customer experience.
• Participate in product launch activities, including Tradeshows, Conferences, and Technical Sales Training or Channel Partner Training activities.
• Act as the central PMM liaison with technical sales cross-functional team of PMs, SEs, Engineers as required to resolve technical matters for information that drive deal closure.
Skills You'll Need to Have
The Product Marketing Engineer must understand software technology in terms of how it’s developed, installed, and runs on a computer. The person must be able to install and come up to speed on new technologies rapidly. She/He should have a knack for delivering complicated information in a manner that’s easy to understand. She/He is intimately familiar with the phrase “explain it to me like I’m five years old.” We require a bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent experience with previous experience in a technical marketing role, sales engineering, or IT system support considered a plus. Along with these qualifications, we are seeking an enthusiastic candidate who is warm-natured, naturally shows universal respect for others, and is confident in their ability to ramp up and contribute quickly. The following skills and attributes are requirements or essential to success.
•Exceptional writing and oral communication skills are required. Technical writing experience is a must. Please have published samples available
•Must possess a strong understanding of enterprise IT solutions and service provider network or security products. EDR/XDR/EPP tools will put you at the front of the line
•Software development or scripting capabilities would be helpfulBS in engineering, computing science, or equivalent experience
•Must be highly resourceful and proactive
•Organized, forward-thinking, detail-oriented, and possessing a high level of integrity.Works well in collaborative situations
•Possess a strong sense of accountability
•Ability to establish relationships by helping others make an impact
•Focuses on effectively contributing, not looking for problems to solve
•Easily works across all teams in the company
What We Offer
• An opportunity to do something great for yourself and the world
• A great work environment that supports growth and development
• Competitive compensation and benefit packages, including 401(K)
• A company who enjoys having fun; holiday and summer parties, and fosters learning and lots of other great stuff!
This Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Virsec to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.