Director of Security Labs
Location: North America, Remote
Type: Full Time
Who We Are
Virsec is the leading provider of application-aware workload protection. We’re building the future of cyber security, and we’re looking for talented, problem solvers to join our team. By leveraging the innovative and highly acclaimed approach behind our breakthrough and patented technology, Virsec is building products that will fundamentally change the way businesses and organizations protect high-value data. We’re bringing a novel product to market and are revolutionizing the cyber threat landscape as we do it. Our mission is to make cyber attacks irrelevant.
Who We Need
Virsec is rapidly growing and is seeking to fill a critical position for a Director of Security Labs to provide research and technical thought leadership for the company. The position reports into the Virsec Office of the CTO and will work closely with the company’s security team, red team, engineering and development. The position also works closely with the Virsec marketing team to share insights that will help further educate the market on Virsec’s capabilities and differentiation.
What You'll Do
• Develop and formalize Virsec’s research lab
• Research, analyze and monitor cyber attack campaigns, specifically those targeting the software workload
• Create security research reporting at both the deep technical level for our customers and also at the market and thought leadership level to be used in both marketing and sales engagements
• Lead and/or support demo and attack simulation videos for both public and customer-facing consumption
• Contribute to education on latest threats to support our technical Sales Engineering teams
• Collaborate with the marketing team to provide rapid response insights for media, blogs, and sales enablement, and speak with media as appropriate
• Engage with the security community in chats and social networks, not only to promote Virsec, but to ensure constant learning from peers and other leaders
Skills You'll Need to Have
• At least 5-7 years experience running or working with security research teams, preferably in a B2B environment
• In-depth understanding of cyber threat landscape and of associated matters is a must: risks and threats, actors and groups, motivations and goals, tools and capabilities, attacks and campaigns
• A deep curiosity to reverse engineer and create simulations of attacks in order to strengthen the Virsec Security Platform as well as provide education
• Strong yet concise writing skills and experience engaging with media (must also be open to updated media training)
• Commitment to working within coordinated disclosure and possess a “do no harm” mentality
What We Offer
• An opportunity to do something great for yourself and the world
• A great work environment that supports growth and development
• Competitive compensation and benefit packages, including 401(K)
• A company who enjoys having fun; holiday and summer parties, and fosters learning and lots of other great stuff!
This Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Virsec to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.