Director of Accounting / Controller
Location: North America, Remote
Type: Full Time
Who We Are
Virsec is the leading provider of application-aware workload protection. We’re building the future of cyber security, and we’re looking for talented, problem solvers to join our team. By leveraging the innovative and highly acclaimed approach behind our breakthrough and patented technology, Virsec is building products that will fundamentally change the way businesses and organizations protect high-value data. We’re bringing a novel product to market and are revolutionizing the cyber threat landscape as we do it. Our mission is to make cyber attacks irrelevant.
Who We Need
Virsec is rapidly growing and is seeking to hire our first Controller to own the global accounting function and scale it with the growth of the company. Reporting to the VP of Finance and Operations, the ideal candidate must be a hands-on manager who has a strong technical & operational accounting and financial systems background, has deep experience with US GAAP, enjoys a fast-paced start-up environment and has a proven track record of building and developing high performing teams. This high visibility, high impact role is critical to building the accounting infrastructure and scaling to support future growth as the Company expands. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
What You'll Do
• Own end to end global accounting operations including general ledger, revenue recognition, AP, AR, payroll, tax, and audit
• Oversee and own month-end close processes including detailed analysis and reconciliation of all general ledger accounts and preparation and variance analysis of financial statements
• Set up and build out the necessary systems, accounting policies, internal controls, and processes to support the business as it continues to rapidly scale
• Build and develop a high performing scalable accounting team as the Company expands
• Provide guidance and recommendations on technical accounting issues in compliance with US GAAP. Lead ASC606 revenue recognition adoption
• Maintain equity database for all stock transactions and coordinate the completion of stock valuation report for new option grants
• Lead inaugural external audit, including managing and coordinating with auditors and preparation/review of audited financial statements and footnote disclosures
• Coordinate the provision of information to external tax accountants and ensure that sales tax reports, payroll taxes, property taxes and annual reports are timely and accurately filed
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance; CPA and Big 4 experience
• 7-10 years of demonstrated growth in accounting; ideally has public accounting experience and industry experience with a SaaS company. Start up experience is preferred
• Advanced knowledge of US GAAP accounting principles and procedures, in particular around revenue recognition
• Strong knowledge of accounting systems and experience with systems implementations. Ideally has led QuickBooks migrations / implementations to a middle tier ERP such as NetSuite, Intacct, or equivalent.
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, ability to easily work with data
• Excellent communication, organization and project management skills, and the ability to independently prioritize multiple simultaneous projects with different deadlines
• A results-driven attitude and excitement about being part of a mission-driven organization in a fast-moving and highly collaborative work environment
• A track record for being highly accountable and driven, and relish the idea of having the opportunity to set the foundations for and directly impact the direction of a hyper-growth company
What We Offer
• An opportunity to do something great for yourself and the world
• A great work environment that supports growth and development
• Competitive compensation and benefit packages, including 401(K)
• A company who enjoys having fun; holiday and summer parties, and fosters learning and lots of other great stuff!
This Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Virsec to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.